WHERE ARE YOU BASED?
In Sevenoaks in Kent, although, thanks to internet technology, we now have clients all over the country. Home visits can be arranged for anyone in the following towns; Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Westerham, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, West Malling, Maidstone, Medway, Gravesend, Dartford and all surrounding villages
Do we need to visit you, or can we deal over the internet?
One of the great advantages of modern communication is that you do not necessarily need an accountant physically near to you - you can simply choose one that offers the best value or one who suits your needs best. Therefore dealing by post and email is perfectly acceptable in this day and age. However, if your accountancy or tax requirements are complex or ongoing, you would be better suited to dealing with an accountant in your vicinity
hOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Please go to our prices page here
Why do I need an accountant at all?
Good question! After all, many people create their own accounts and file their own tax returns. However, they are not always right and they will not necessarily know this until some time later when HMRC investigate their accounts, often with large backdated tax bills as a consequence! So for all small businesses and landlords, here are six good reasons why you should use an accountant;
- Expert knowledge - an accountant knows what you can and what you can't claim as legitimate expenses, and how to maximise your capital and tax allowances.
- It can save you money - an accountant will help you minimise your tax bill legitimately.
- It can save you time - most small businessmen and women are excellent at their job, but tend to hate the paperwork that goes with it - you then spend a disproportionate amount of time doing the paperwork that you don't enjoy in the first place - by delegating to an accountant, this frees up valuable time for you to do the thing you do best - run your business.
- A point of contact with HMRC - accountants are used to dealing with HMRC - they know the forms, the paperwork and the call centres and can save you the time consumption and bewilderment of having to deal with them yourself.
- Accountancy fees are tax deductible! This is no small matter. For a basic rate taxpayer this can be a saving of up to 29% (tax and NI) but for higher rate taxpayers the savings are nearer 50%. Accountancy is therefore great value - not only can it save you money, but just by paying an accountant it is reducing your tax bill.
- Peace of mind - add up all of the factors above and this is what paying for an accountant does - it brings you peace of mind. Most people would agree with this but may have been put off by the cost - but accountancy need not be expensive, just go to our prices to see why. Peace of mind does not cost that much with us.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept electronic bank transfer, cheques, cash, or we can take credit cards via paypal. With larger bills, we can arrange for monthly instalments where required.
Do you have professional indemnity cover?
Yes, we do and this is reviewed annually.
Are there any extra costs?
Not usually! We try to remain as transparent as possible in our pricing policy. However, where we are given extra work to that which was agreed in the original engagement, this will be subject to additional charges - however any additional costs will always be communicated in advance, and where necessary, a separate engagement letter will be produced. We don't charge for a preliminary meeting with any client, but we may charge a small one-off fee when taking on a new client to cover the cost of registering them with our agency.